This bread took 28 hours to prove. I suspect the amount of yeast I added could be erroneous or the yeast was not fresh. I had tempted to throw away the dough after it still retained its original size after 1 hour of proving. But I decided to experiment and see if it ever 'grow'. After about 10 hours or so, I found that it has expanded a little. And so I decided to leave it overnight to see the result, out of curiosity. So viola... after 28 hours, here it was.... and the taste was rather good...
Friday, May 7, 2010
The long awaited bread....
This bread took 28 hours to prove. I suspect the amount of yeast I added could be erroneous or the yeast was not fresh. I had tempted to throw away the dough after it still retained its original size after 1 hour of proving. But I decided to experiment and see if it ever 'grow'. After about 10 hours or so, I found that it has expanded a little. And so I decided to leave it overnight to see the result, out of curiosity. So viola... after 28 hours, here it was.... and the taste was rather good...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment